Investment Associate to Ursus Real Estate Management
As an Investment Associate, you will be part of the Ursus team with six other colleagues where you will participate in investment opportunities across the Nordics.
As an Investment Associate, you will be part of the Ursus team with six other colleagues where you will participate in investment opportunities, and management of existing investments across the Nordics.
The position is based in Stockholm and includes frequent travels, sometimes for longer stints, within the Nordics. You will report directly to the CIO, and the CEO, as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assist in due diligence, structuring, financing, negotiation, structuring and execution of transactions
- Prepare investment committee presentations and memorandums
- Participate in meetings with third parties and other organizations within Ursus network
- Support the team in all Asset Management related matters
- Support the team at Arctic Securities in fund related reporting requirements
- Ad-hoc updates to Ursus co-investors
PROFILE OF THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and eentrepreneurial environment with limited supervision
- Analytical and commercial mindset with highest work ethics
- Accurate/detail-oriented with high standards
- Team oriented person that wants to contribute to the wider team´s success
- Creative and positive mindset, thinking outside the box, seeing things from other angles
QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABLE BACKGROUND
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor´s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or equivalent with outstanding academic record
- 2-5 years relevant experience in real estate (private and/or public), private equity, consulting or similar fields related to investment management
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of analysing financial data and financial modelling
- Strong communication skills in English and Swedish (both written & verbal) as well as presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Additional Nordic languages a plus, not a pre-requisite
Do you want to be a part of Ursus? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. For further questions about this position, contact Johan Magnusson at Boardtalk AB (+46 72 248 65 31 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emelie Blomkvist (+46 70 790 88 36 or email@example.com). Interviews will be conducted continuously.
ABOUT URSUS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
Ursus is a Norwegian-based fund manager established in 2020. The company invests in and actively manages real estate properties across the Nordics on behalf of its investors in discretionary fund vehicles, targeting medium-term value-add returns. Ursus has raised NOK 2 billion in equity for its first fund, UREM Real Estate Fund 1, which is now fully invested. Ursus are also starting to raise their next fund, UREM Real Estate Fund 2, with a hard cap of NOK 5 billion in equity.
The Fund Managers, Fredrik Steinum and Fredrik Kumlin, have a combined experience of 26 years in the industry, having executed and managed more than EUR 4bn of transactions in their previous roles at HIG Capital and MARK (previously known as Meyer Bergman) respectively. The manager, Ursus Real Estate Management, is a joint venture between Fredrik Steinum and Arctic Securities AS, a Norway-based investment bank. All of the investment decisions of Ursus as well as the board are completely independent of Arctic Securities but have access to and benefit from Arctic’s extensive range of services, both in Real Estate and Finance. Ursus shares office with Arctic Securities located in central of Stockholm. Learn more at www.ursusrem.com