Director, asset and investment management to Scius
Director, asset and investment management to Scius – a nordic operating partner to international capital
As a Director at Scius you will have direct access to international clients, key market participants and market leading service providers ensuring a complex and stimulating environment.
Scius have an opening for a Director position in the team at the Stockholm office. The position’s main tasks are to ensure that all aspects of each investment achieves or exceeds its objectives according to the adopted business plan as well as have a continuous dialogue with the international investors having invested with Scius.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Asset and Investment Management – Main responsibilities
- Manage teams of third-party consultants including leasing agents, property managers, construction firms, architects, and marketing specialists tailored for each investment
- Overall responsible for large scale projects such as redevelopment and extension of office properties in Stockholm, positioning of the assets and the commercial product both for leasing and future divestment
- Day to day contact with investors in UK, Germany and US on asset management and investment management issues
- Oversee preparation of annual business planning, quarterly budget review, and quarterly cash flow forecasting
- Negotiate property contracts including leases, management, and construction service agreements
- Analyze potential leases and make recommendations
- Review potential capital expenditure projects to maximize property value
- Ensure that assigned properties are well maintained, both physically and financially to ensure both tenant satisfaction and preservation of value
Acquisition – Secondary responsibility
- Sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and structuring deals across core, value-add and opportunistic deals in the region – both on and off market. Identifying key issues on transactions, recommending and implementing solutions
- Performing thorough financial analysis of deals. Understanding market conditions, industry and company fundamentals
- Underwriting expected returns, management and risk profile of the deal, preparing investment papers and presenting to the Investors
- Managing all aspects of deal execution including working effectively with legal, technical, tax and financial experts, other teams/departments and/or group offices.
- Assessing country specific risks and opportunities, maximizing returns on investments, and optimizing cash flows
- Responsible for “cradle to grave” delivery of the business plan, relying on/managing a small, dedicated team
We are searching for a hard working team player to join us. You appreciate the entrepreneurial environment where everything is possible as long as you take responsibility. You enjoy talking to senior managers at large international investors while also being able to motivate a project development team or a property caretaker to do their best to carry out what is needed in the properties. We assume that you have a strong academic record and a genuine interest of the real estate- and finance sector and enjoy direct interaction with international investors. A suitable background is likely to include:
- A Master’s of Science degree in Business or Engineering (preferably within real-estate and/or finance)
- Related work experience of minimum 8 years with the ability to work independently
- Deal-driven with strong interest in developing assets
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop business relationships
- Previous experience working with international investors is a plus, but not a requirement
- Fluent Swedish
- Strong written and verbal English
- Strong knowledge within MS Excel (cash flow modeling and IRR/NPV calculations), Word and Power Point
WHAT SCIUS OFFERS
Scius started as a deal-driven entrepreneurial company, and that culture is still alive within our organization. We work in an international environment with a selected few institutional investors from Europe and the US. Due to our size and organizational structure you will gain an extensive understanding of the whole investment- and asset management process, from acquiring and developing assets to the disposal process. Each team member’s contributions have a direct impact on our success as a company. The investment and asset management team work in an intense and challenging environment with several external clients, which will affect the work tasks in many ways. Everyone at Scius work with a range of responsibilities, but what every role have in common is that we work vertically throughout the value creation process. I.e. we can travel to London for a presentation to a large investor for a SEK multi-billion investment one day and the next we tour an existing asset with a property caretaker to understand what is going on in the asset and to work closely with our third-party service providers.
Do you want to be a part of Scius? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. For further questions about this position, contact Johan Magnusson at Boardtalk AB (+46722486531 or email@example.com). Interviews will be conducted continuously.
INTRODUCTION TO SCIUS
Scius was established in 2007 and is a real estate investment company. Our core business is to act as local operating partner to international capital investing in the Nordic real estate markets. We also undertake on a selected basis consultancy and strategic advisory work.
We offer our partners a complete solution with an aim to maximize the returns and the values from the properties. Scius has over the years created a strong network that today includes the majority of the Swedish real estate industry like property owners, lenders, consultants, brokers, advisors etc.
Scius will if possible invest equity in the transactions along our partners. Our clients comprise both international and Nordic institutions and property companies including Invesco, Blackstone, Starwood, Angelo Gordon, Goldman Sachs, Brunswick, Loan Star, The Third Swedish National Pension Fund among others.
Scius has since 2007 acquired and managed real estate of over SEK 20 billion and currently asset manage over 200,000 sq m of commercial real estate in Sweden valued at approximately SEK 10 billion.
High transaction pace both with existing and new clients in combination with asset management intensive large scale development projects of office properties in Stockholm is why we are now strengthening the team.
For more information about Scius and our track record, please see www.scius.se