Construction & Project Manager
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In less than four years, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile logistics real estate, with a 450-plus team across more than twenty offices in eleven countries.
We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial Construction and Project Manager who is ready to shine in an international team and will focus on the Swedish market. This role will provide added value to the business through constant improvements in the build-out, cost of construction and time to complete the process. The person we’re looking for is a solid multi-tasker, bringing together project management, design, tendering, permitting, procurement and CapEx initiatives. The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Are you a natural collaborator? Teamwork will be essential in this role. As part of our Swedish country team, you’ll report to the Senior Construction Project Manager and work closely with our Asset Managers and International colleagues from all over the world.
The Asset Management team will benefit from your technical support and expertise. You’ll also be touching base with our team of in-house analysts and technical support. Outside of Mileway, you’ll be skilled in getting the best from relationships with suppliers and creating best-in-class internal procurement initiatives.
Working at Mileway
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. Only launched in 2019, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile logistics real estate, with a 450-plus team across more than twenty offices in 11 countries. Mileway set out to be a different kind of real estate company from the beginning, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business. While we have already achieved a lot – our international, “can do” team, is only just getting started – we want to reshape our industry for the better. Our mission is to be the most customer and climate focused last mile real estate company in Europe, creating space for businesses to grow sustainably. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
At Mileway, we believe company growth comes from supporting the growth of our combined capabilities. This is why we have our own inhouse learning & development programme, where personal, professional and business development go hand in hand – supporting you in your own bespoke career development. While your base will be the Stockholm office, we will give you flexibility to work some of the week from home. We’ll also equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are.
What You’ll Do
- Project management of redevelopments, TI-works and respective construction projects, ensuring delivery on time and to an agreed budget
- Responsible for planning, tendering and authority commitments
- Coordinate and oversee Capex (Repair and Maintenance Budget) within existing portfolio
- Cost estimates and calculations in the early stages
- Studies of new possible developments
- Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit and actively seek to improve processes and procedures.
- Work closely with third-party such as property managers and external consultants.
- Inspect and observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed, and materials used conformed to project specifications and quality standards.
- Ensure Health and Safety systems are in place and followed in all Construction Projects.
- Ensure accuracy of the project reports and communicate accordingly.
- Update and communicate the accrual report.
What You’ll Bring
- Your standout technical track record between 3-7 years . You can show how you’ve carried projects from end to end, from pre-development stage through permits, packaging/ tendering, delivery and commercialization, all the way to the final handover. Preferable within logistics and commercial real estate is a must. our relevant experience on construction sites, covering all phases of planning and execution.
- Your analytical skills. You thrive on challenges, problem solving, and coming up with creative solutions.
- Your ability to work under pressure in a challenging and proactive environment.
- You’re a planner, but also hands on. You’re not afraid to jump in and take charge.
- Your network of trusted construction and project management companies, sub-contractors, suppliers, lawyers and technical consultants.
- Your excellent negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject minimum.
- Familiarity with tools like Yardi, Tableau and budget vs actual tools is a plus.
Our vision is to be the number one gateway to urban communities. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.