Associate, Asset Management to Pembroke
The Associate will support Pembroke’s asset management activities in the Nordics. The Stockholm office oversees Pembroke’s Nordic portfolio of 200,000 sqm in Stockholm, Oslo, and Helsinki.
Primary areas of responsibility will include asset management, development, investment,lease underwriting, and investor reporting and presentations. Additional activities will include assisting with communications with Pembroke’s financial, development, and executive teams, and with external project consultants.
Candidates should have experience across multiple disciplines within real estate, including asset management, commercial real estate investment, and financial analysis. Candidates should also possess strong quantitative skills, as well as strong business communication skills.
- Manage, perform and report upon asset management activities and implementation of asset management plans, including interacting with property management personnel, tenants and local government officials; and ordering, co-ordinating and analysing third party reports.
- Manage teams of third-party consultants including leasing agents, property managers and facility managers.
- Manage negotiations and leasing with tenants, including co-ordination of legal counsel in the preparation and negotiation of legal documentation.
- Work closely with Pembroke’s finance team and property managers to help prepare operating budgets for individual assets, support the management of expenditure and the exercise of budget controls.
- Provide support in financial models for new acquisitions, development appraisals, and lease analyses, utilizing both ARGUS and Excel to forecast cash flows and calculate financial returns.
- Support feasibility study process(es) of development opportunities and capital improvements.
- Perform financial analysis of existing and potential tenants (including rent and sales comparisons).
- Support financing negotiations with banks. Resposible for debt compliance reporting together with Finance Manager.
- Support net asset value reporting and investor reporting
- Produce investment memos, executive reports and presentations as necessary
- Local leader in global initiatives such as VTS, lease administration and lease documentation to withstand lease audits and compliance necessities.
- Establish local real estate network for collecting commercial real estate market data and support I gathering relevant maret information..
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least +3 years of experience in the real estate investment, asset management and/or development sectors
- Strong understanding of real estate market trends, standards and practices
- Experience with managing investment transactions, tenants, and/or development projects, and experience with investor reporting and presentations
- Proficiency with Yardi, ARGUS and Excel cash flow modeling (preferred, not required)
- Strong due diligence and analytical skills
- Detailed-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage communications across multiple office and appreciate expectations of diverse cultures
- Independent work ethic with strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to work under pressure to sometimes very tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work extended hours whenever the need may arise.
- English and Swedish language skills required
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills.
Do you want to be a part of Pembroke? Please apply for the position at www.boardtalk.se. For further questions about this position, contact Henrik Nyberg at Boardtalk AB (+46707900529 or email@example.com). Interviews will be conducted continuously.
Pembroke is an international real estate advisor that acquires, develops and manages properties and places – specializing in mixed-use and office environments in the world’s leading cities. We believe that properties that stand the test of time deserve a lot of time. So we take a different approach: a thoughtful approach.
We’re united by a belief that real estate is more than just buildings. Our mission is to create long-term value through our global expertise, local knowledge and passion for real estate. Comprised of experts across a variety of fields, our team consistently strives for excellence, achieves with integrity and embraces collaboration. Working together, we create places people love.
Over the past twenty years, we’ve grown with offices in Boston, London, Munich, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington DC managing approximately 8.6 m sq ft/802,000 sq m in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Facilitating the patient capital of FMR LLC (Fidelity Investments) and Eight Roads, the proprietary investment arm of FIL (Fidelity International Limited), we invest in global markets with long-term growth potential.
By combining a global point of view with local expertise, we’re able to create and manage world-class properties that deliver the best outcomes for our tenants, investors and the communities in which we work.
For more information, visit our website: www.pembroke.com