Are you driven, ambitious, and ready to take the next step in your real estate career? We’re looking for an Asset Manager to join our Stockholm based team. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world. We have flat reporting lines, working closely with senior staff members as well as Nordics Director as we build and consolidate our position as the market leader in last mile real estate.
Under the leadership of experienced senior colleagues, you’ll assist setting the best asset management strategy and actively working on lease and commercial management activities. You’ll work alongside our international team to drive the management of our premium asset portfolio, while making great connections and building Mileway’s local and national relationships.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Working at Mileway
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In less than four years, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile logistics real estate, with a 450-plus team across more than twenty offices in ten countries.
Mileway set out to be a different kind of real estate company from the beginning, setting things up the way we always wanted them, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business.
While we have already achieved a lot, with a portfolio stretching across Europe, our international, can do team, is only just getting started. Demand for e-commerce and ever faster deliveries continues to grow, changing the way property around cities is used. Our vision is to be the number one gateway to urban communities. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
At Mileway, we believe company growth comes from supporting the growth of our combined capabilities. This is why we have our own inhouse learning & development programme, where personal, professional and business development go hand in hand – helping you carve out your own bespoke career path.
We know that the way people work has changed over the last few years. So while your base will be the Stockholm office, we will give you flexibility to work some of the week from home. We’ll also equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you’ll work hard and also that you’ll need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
What You’ll Do
- Look for and exploit opportunities to add value in your asset portfolio and track asset management performance
- Manage lettings, renewals, rent reviews, lease surrenders, and associated capital expenditures
- Negotiate lease renewals and rent reviews, approve commercial terms of leases, and be responsible for converting commercial terms into contractual leases
- Be the direct point of contact of occupiers and understand their business and its requirements
- Track the risk criteria for your asset portfolio, spot red flags and inform the management team in case of warning signals. Deliver insights through market intelligence
- Carry out (financial) analysis and assist with preparing property budgets and reports
- Integrate remodelling, redevelopments and extensions into the business plan. You will work with your colleague asset managers, and the development and finance teams to control and monitor this as part of the business plan
- Collaborate with the technical property management team to ensure capex items and maintenance plans are executed according to plan
- Assisting in implementing our ESG ambitions as ESG is fully integrated in our business strategy, operations, key processes and decision making. Build a great network of regional and national consultants and colleagues. You will work collaboratively with accountants, external property managers and lawyers.
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7 years’ relevant commercial real estate experience, some technical real estate understanding / interest is a plus. A background in logistics and light industrial is relevant, but you can also bring what you’ve learned from working with retail or other asset classes
- An understanding / interest of the last mile real estate realm. You will get to know the market and tenants and be able to spot and act on opportunities
- You have a commercial approach and like to network and collaborate. You also have experience in negotiating
- A drivers license
- Highly motivated and positive attitude
- You are open to share your thoughts, take initiative and help us to keep improving our way of working
- Your head for numbers. You will be assisting senior asset managers with validating valuations and forward-looking financial projections
- Your communication skills as a Swedish native speaker, plus fluency in English
- Your education in a relevant degree (commercial and/or technical track is a plus)
- Your head for data. You’ll be able to digitize and track new data.
Our vision is to be the number one gateway to urban communities. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.