Acquisition Director to EQT Real Estate
As an Acquisition Director you will source investment opportunities in the region and drive the business performance. The position is based at the EQT office at Blasieholmen, Stockholm and you will report to Head of Nordic.
About EQT Real Estate The team seeks to identify value- add real estate investment opportunities that allow to unlock underlying asset- specific value in European markets with promising rental growth outlook. The focus is on office assets in gateway cities with strong demographics driving above- average GDP and office based employment growth. The team envisages investing into more asset management intensive investments where strong “hands-on” value- creation skills are necessary. Value- add stems from an intensive and seamless asset management process with the aim to reposition the assets for their exit into the institutional real estate market.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and structuring attractive deals across value-add and opportunistic deals in the region – both on and off market. Identifying key issues on transactions, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Performing thorough financial analysis of deals. Understanding market conditions, industry and company fundamentals.
- Underwriting expected returns, management and risk profile of the deal, preparing investment papers and presenting to the Investment Committee.
- Managing all aspects of deal execution including working effectively with legal, technical, tax and financial experts, other teams/departments and/or group offices.
- Assessing country specific risks and opportunities, maxi- mizing returns on investments, and optimizing cash flows.
- Working together with the asset management team on portfolio related matters including additional investment and disposition opportunities.
- Presenting to multi-disciplinary groups including: internal committees; external debt providers; and external joint venture partners.
- Responsible for “cradle to grave” delivery of the business plan, relying on/managing a small, dedicated team.
- Providing leadership, motivating and managing the deal team promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Qualifications and suitable background
- A good first degree, a Masters degree in finance, business administration or real estate is preferred.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience. A strong preference for an individual who understands ground-up development, investment and asset management, as a principal.
- Proven track record in the Nordics with a diverse investment track record including significant experience sourcing, structuring and investing in the region from both marketed and off market sources.
- Very well networked in the region with established relationships with operating partners, the brokerage community, major owners and sellers of assets (i.e. REITs, REIMs, special servicers, lenders etc.)
- Proven track record of sourcing underwriting, negotiating, structuring and closing real estate deals.
- Attuned to risk management, portfolio diversification and asset management.
Do you want to be a part of EQT? For further questions about this position, contact Frida Carlsson (070-790 29 30) at Boardtalk AB. Interviews will be conducted continuously so we look forward to your application as soon as possible
EQT is a leading investment firm with approximately EUR 50 billion in raised capital across 27 funds. Since EQT’s inception, around EUR 32 billion has been invested in more than 360 companies. EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and North America with total sales of more than EUR 19 billion and approximately 110,000 employees. EQT works with portfolio companies to achieve sustainable growth, operational excellence and market leadership. EQT has around 540 employees globally, of which 310 work in the investment advisory teams. EQT Partners AB and its affiliates have offices in 14 countries and employees from 40+ nationalities. For further information please visit www.eqt.se